Time for another Kimmel Kitchen recipe! Made with our apple drop cookie mix, fresh cider and yummy apples, these cookies really didn’t stand a chance when all of the guys came in from lunch! 🙂
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Kimmel Orchard Apple Cider
- 1 Package Kimmel Orchard Apple Drop Cookie Mix
- 1 -2 cups peeled and finely chopped Kimmel Orchard apples
- 2 tblsp. softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 -1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tblsp. Kimmel Orchard Apple Cider
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixer, cream 1/2 cup softened butter. Beat in 1 egg and 1/4 cup Kimmel Orchard Apple Cider. Then add contents of Apple Drop Cookie Mix and beat to form a smooth batter. Fold in 1 or 2 cups peeled and finely chopped apples.
To Form Cookies: Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets
Bake: 9-11 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Frosting: Cream 2 tablespoons softened butter or margarine, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 – 1/2 cups confectioners sugar and about 1 tablespoon Kimmel Orchard apple cider to attain spreading consistency. Spread frosting onto cooled cookies.
Serve with a warm glass of Kimmel Orchard Apple Cider and enjoy! 🙂